|Name: anonymous Date: 11/24/17|
The purpose of this course is to increase your comfort and skill at disability prevention. It provides a foundation of knowledge and concepts that will help you respond to the needs of a person with a potentially-disabling medical condition in a powerful way that averts needless disability and improves outcomes.
The course is applicable to any program that provides disability benefits to employees when they are off work for medical reasons, including:
- Workers' compensation
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Sick pay and salary continuation programs
- Claims adjusters, examiners, and managers
- Benefits administrators and managers
- Case managers
- Medical advisors, nurses, and other clinical consultants
The educational objectives of the course are to help you:
- Define work disability and distinguish it from impairment or diagnosis.
- Differentiate between medically necessary and medically unnecessary disability days.
- Define and understand iatrogenic disability.
- Understand the results of a physician survey showing that disability is rarely medically required.
- Describe typical problems in communicating with doctors and some ways to get around them.
- Describe ways to communicate more effectively with medical offices and treating physicians.
- Analyze clinical situations using screening tests that uncover non-medical issues needing attention in order to prevent or reduce disability.
- Identify some effective ways to intervene that will address non-medical factors that create or prolong disability.
- Locate resources for help.
The course is very interactive. On most pages, you will read a few paragraphs and then give your opinion or answer some questions. Completion typically takes 2 to 3 hours depending upon your reading speed and freedom from distractions.  Other key features:
- You will get feedback after answering questions.
- You can see others' responses to questions that ask for an opinion.
- You can make comments, see others' comments, and send messages to the course faculty.
- You can quit and save your work at any time, and receive e-mail reminders to return and finish.
CEU Credit and Certificates
All who complete the course will be awarded a course completion certificate from Webility. In addition, the following CEUs are available:
- Nursing CEUs: This course has been approved for 3.0 contact (60 minute) hours by California Board of Registered Nursing Provider No. CEP13533, Approval Code CEP13533-2017-WB.
The course tuition is $75.00, payable by credit card. A membership in the Work Fitness and Disability Roundtable e-discussion group is included. You may return to review the course at any time.
If your employer or a sponsoring organization is paying your course fee, be sure to follow the instructions provided to you for accessing the course so that the payment is properly credited. If you have any questions or problems, please contact us for assistance.
Requirements for verifying participation
In order for us to certify that you have completed each module in this course, all required pages must be "touched", all required questions on each page must be answered correctly, and the final evaluation form must be completed. Note: For questions with right or wrong answers, the system will tell you immediately whether you answered it correctly or not.
Conflict of Interest
The planners and faculty of this activity have no significant financial relationships to disclose.
There has been no support by a commercial interest. There is no endorsement of any product by Webility or the accrediting agencies.
start this course! back
Webility Home | Training Home
© Webility Corporation 2017 All rights reserved